Initial field of my piece. I am still trying to figure out how/the best way to add variation to the field.
The first iteration of the project is above. The texture was intersting and thus the driving force of testing crochet fabrics into the plaster.
The “hairy” look of the darker ones was not the desirable effect I was looking for, but in the white tile the “hairy” texture becomes much more natural looking.
The final result of this casting process is really interesting. The process is different from what I image we will be doing in our project, but non the less pretty good inspiration. They used wooded mold of various shapes and sizes to create the final result. The website to view the entire process of this project is below.
After having our review and looking at the final tiles that I created I descovered that I wish my tiles were more 3D. One of our reviewers had mentioned something along the lines of developing a system in which the tiles stack on top of each other and grow the heigh of the system. This would have added another component to this project….maybe pushing into the second project that is an idea I can push towards.
Diagraming these projects added a different dimension to this project. I wish we would have maybe had even more time to explore diagraming them. I learned so many different things about my tiles that I had not even thought of before diagraming. I would have liked to go back and re-create by tile in grasshopper and laser cut them based on some of the diagrams I made, and then see what those results would have been.