This is what I have been working on so far. The variation comes from how far inward/outward the points are and at what height the point is at.
This is what I have so far.
This is the process I used. Three molds are stacked on top of eachother with the fabric sandwiched between the first and second mold. The string is threaded through the first mold.
The fabric I used in this first attempt did not have enough give in it and there were not any lines created.
In this attempt I switched to a cotton fabric and was able to get the lines in the form.
I’m trying to figure out the best method of joining the tiles in a field. In the photo some of the tiles are joined with slits that slide into each other but the tile becomes too flimsy when slits are used.
I also have been experimenting with staggering the tiles and having them join straight on. Staggering allows for a better field/panel system but the flaps become hard to work with compared to the straight/ full edge method.